Specializing in kidney care and the treatment of kidney diseases.
Nephrologists are the doctors that specialize in diagnosing and treating all manner of kidney problems, ranging from primary kidney diseases, secondary kidney diseases such as diabetic kidney disease, genetic kidney diseases such as polycystic kidney disease, kidney stones, electrolyte abnormalities, and hypertension. Healthy kidneys are important as they help maintain your body’s fluid balance, electrolyte balance, blood pressure, acid/base balance, and help with good bone health. Their primary function is to act as the body’s filter. Our nephrologist at The Portland Clinic has years of experience and maintains professionalism of the highest order through continuing education and accreditation.
Common reasons to see a Nephrologist:
• Acute renal failure or sudden loss of kidney functions
• Kidney stones or patients who have recurrence of kidney stone formation
• Uncontrolled high blood pressure
• Cancers of the kidneys or urinary bladder
• Dialysis and its long term complications
• Autoimmune diseases including autoimmune vasculitis, lupus, etc.
• Chronic kidney disease
• Diabetic kidney disease
To learn more, schedule your appointment today.
Location Specialty Extensions
Beaverton – (503) 223-3113